I laughed when I realized how many years it took to discover who I am.... by first zealously exploring who I am not

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Changes from the Enemy

Tonight I sat in a room full of teenagers and was so undone I almost could not contain myself. I desperately needed a corner to just sit and cry. This morning, we received word through one of our teens that the local high school was on lockdown, there was a suicide attempt by a student and SWAT had been called in. Fortunately I am able to get information from a reputable source and was able to follow what was happening. However, there are no words to describe the true fear that I felt for our church teenagers that were in that school and the intense need I had to pick up my kids from their respective schools and hold them tightly. We see shootings on the news and it's true, you never think it will happen where you live. But this school is 20 min from us, we are rivals in ball and like I said we have students in that school that go to our church. I sat at my desk most of the morning looking for news but mostly following the posts of one of our teens that was on lockdown in the school. I was floored and amazed at the things he wrote.....

........God is in control white county, do not fear. Just pray and praise God. He's working with someone who has a spirit of suicide. God's spirit is telling me this and no reason to fear death anyway, Jesus made a way for no death. Life is here.

.........Today was interesting at WCHS. ALL DAY, I've felt God's presence here. Getting more confirmations than I could keep up with, spiritual breakthrough, saved another life, and giving me signs all over that this world needs Him. I know my God is real, I have so much proof, and I'm just amazed at what God is doing right now. White county, I told you God is coming, be ready, that's part of the spiritual storm, there may be more unless you start shining, I'm telling y'all, be ready, today's safety is all because God came and answered prayers. Time is almost up, but it's not too late to accept God, He accepts you just as you are. All you have to do is ask.

I will be honest... these are not the initial thoughts that I had as this scene was unfolding. I felt fear, I felt unsafe, I felt worry, I felt sick. I honestly can not say that I felt God's presence- however I most certainly spent my morning seeking Him and pleading for protection over those involved. 

However, tonight I have such a totally different view. You see I know at the root of all that has happened there is a very real enemy at work in the lives of our teens. From the young lady that was ready to end her life to all the students huddled in the classrooms, the enemies goal is to strike fear and convince them that their life has no purpose and no hope. He almost succeeded today. His goal is to change them and pull them from the path they are on to another path altogether. This he succeeded with today. However, I don't think he got the results he wanted. You see in that dimly lit sanctuary tonight, I saw teenagers praying for that young lady. I saw boldness to speak truth and hearts to seek God. The enemy changed their path all right. He lit up with fireworks that God is the ONLY answer to their questions. The God has the ONLY plan that will work for them. The God is the ONLY thing they need. 

So undone, I sat, with tears streaming down my face and pride at our students for who they are changing into and growing into and becoming. For their hearts that are going after God and seeking Him with all they have. The enemy had a plan this morning to change the lives of these students forever. He succeeded and I am so glad he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment