I laughed when I realized how many years it took to discover who I am.... by first zealously exploring who I am not

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Amazing people do not just happen

I flew to Dallas this past weekend to go to the wedding of my cousin. Now this particular group of family are some of my favorite people. Suzanne, my cousin, is the daughter of my mom's brother, Duane, also known as the silver fox among my girlfriends. Suzanne is one of those people who I've had an instant love affair with. We have so much in common and I'm able to share such a deep part of my heart with her. Her children have grown into interesting, fun, amazing people. At her son's reception he stood up and thanked his new inlaws, the friends and family that helped make the day possible and everyone who came to watch them start their new lives. Then with much emotion he thanked his parents for teaching him how to be a man of God. How to love and serve God and others. How to speak truth. How to live a life pleasing to God. As I listened to such sincere, heartfelt gratitude I knew amazing people like this just don't happen. They are borne from the fire. They are created from years on the potters wheel. And I prayed... God the wisdom to do that only comes from you and may one day may children be able to thank me and Jeremy for teaching them how to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment